e-Learning Store | Buy Modules
Lean for Healthcare
LSS YB for Healthcare
LSS GB for Healthcare
LSS BB for Healthcare
5S Plus Safety for Healthcare
• Introduce 5S plus Safety.
• Describe its overall purpose and benefits in Healthcare.
• Identify the phases of its process.
• Drill down to discuss key objectives.
• Tools or methods used to reach those objectives, and the benefits achieved.
Current State Value Stream Mapping for Healthcare
• Describe a Current State Value Stream Map, and discuss its purpose.
• Walk through the steps of creating a Current State Value Stream Map.
• Identify commonly used symbols.
• Describe how metrics are collected and represented.
Eight Wastes for Healthcare
• Describe Value Add versus Non-Value Add activities and explain why they are important in a Lean implementation.
• Identify the Eight Wastes and discuss why they are a primary focus during Lean implementation.
• Describe each of the Eight Wastes in detail and give examples.
Error Proofing for Healthcare
• Define Error Proofing from a Lean perspective.
• Describe the benefits a healthcare organization can expect.
• Discuss how it can improve patient safety and service quality while reducing failures and omissions.
• Understand and be able to apply the 6-Step error proofing process
• Explain how to implement Error Proofing for healthcare processes.
Flow and Pull Systems for Healthcare
• Define Continuous or One Piece Flow and the introductory aspects of Pull Systems.
• Explain where to implement Pull Systems, discuss how they enable effective flow of information and materials, and identify which tools are best suited for various office and healthcare environments.
• Explain how to apply Pull Systems in a comprehensive and systematic way.
Future State Value Stream Mapping for Healthcare
• Define a Future State Value Stream Map and describe its purpose.
• Define and calculate Takt Time, and discuss its role in Value Stream Mapping.
• Demonstrate how to analyze a Current State Value Stream Map to create a Future State Value Stream Map.
• Discuss how to enable flow and develop Pull.
Introduction to Lean for Healthcare
• Explain why the implementation of Lean is vital to the continuous improvement of a healthcare system.
• Discuss the basics of the Lean improvement methodology.
• Discuss the five key principles of Lean and how they work in a healthcare environment.
Kaizen Event for Healthcare
• Define Kaizen Event and discuss its purpose and application.
• Explain how Kaizen Events can provide rapid organizational benefits and accelerate the execution of larger initiatives.
• Walk you through the structured approach for running Kaizen Events in healthcare processes.
Standard Work for Healthcare
• Define Standard Work from a Lean perspective and discuss its benefits.
• Explain why it is the basis for improvement.
• Explain how to create, implement and improve Standard Work for healthcare processes.
Visual Management for Healthcare
• Define Visual Management and describe its purpose and benefits in healthcare.
• Introduce the three characteristics of Visual Management – Self Explaining, Self Regulating, and Self Improving – and discuss why they are important.
• Describe the difference between Visual Controls and Visual Displays, giving examples of each.
Workplace Design for Healthcare
• Describe how Lean Workplace Design differs from traditional approaches and discuss its benefits to a healthcare organization.
• Show how it is used to improve quality and reduce lead times.
• Explain how to create effective Workplace Design for Healthcare processes.
All Rights Reserved The Quality Group 1994-2020. Powered by OpusWorks
Display Admin Login